Quezon City Gawad Parangal 2012
Himlayang Pilipino, Inc. was honored as one of the most outstanding institution and organization during the celebration of Quezon City’s 73rd Founding Anniversary held last October 12, 2012 at the Crowne Plaza Galleria, Manila.
The Gawad Parangal, launched in 2002, is the highest form of recognition extended by the city government to bestow on its outstanding constituents who have “contributed to the realization of the city’s vision as a Quality Community, and to betterment of the Filipino nation.”The awards are given to institutions with most significant contributions especially in the effort of improving the quality of life of its people.
Recipients of this award are carefully selected by nomination process and spearheaded by Cultural and Tourism Affair Office (CTAO).
The 2012 recipients are:
1. Himlayang Pilipino Incorporated
2. Ayala Land Incorporated
3. Ortigas and Company
4. Metro Bank Foundation
5. Philippine Franchising Association,
6. Philippine Children’s Medical Center
7. Philippine Educational Theatre Association (PETA)
1. Enrique Ona- Health Secretary
2. Dr. Alfredo Bengzon- former health secretary and current dean of the Ateneo de Manila University Graduate School
3. Fides Cuyugan-Asencio- multi-awarded musical artist
4. Jose “Butch” Dalisay- journalist
5. Araceli Limcaco-Dans- visual artist
6. Solita “Winnie” Collas Monsod- economist and multi-media journalist
7. Ricky Reyes- beauty and fashion expert
8. Abelardo Tolentino Jr.- multi-awarded architect
9. Ester Vibal- educator and publishing entrepreneur
10. Helena Z. Benitez- educator and women’s rights advocate